Thompson Construction mission is to improve the quality and beauty of homes in the Greater Sacramento area in a fun, professional way that exceeds customer expectations and empowers employees to be their very best. Thompson Construction strives to maintain a staff of skilled, motivated and confident individuals with a desire to help promote our company’s mission.
Get Paid Weekly
Thompson Construction workers earn an industry competitive pay package and enjoy access to growth opportunities.
We enjoy working on hard problems together because the hardest challenges are often the most rewarding.
Help improve local residential homes and put your expertise into our community.
Dry Rot Technician
40+ per week
Pest Division Foreman
$18 — $28 / HR
At the direction of the Pest Division Foreman, the Dry Rot Technician will preform dry rot and pest damage repairs on behalf of our Pest Inspection partners in a timely and efficient manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Dry Rot Technicians will preform various aspects of the construction trade on behalf of the company, for example:
a) Dry Rot Repair
b) Removal and replacing of siding, and trim of all variates
c) Deck RepairFrame / Subfloor repairPainting and Priming
d) Frame / Subfloor repair
e) Painting and Priming
2. It is every employees job to be productive on the job site – if you have completed a job or assigned task, use your time well by cleaning up the job site and inspecting the quality of your work.
3. You are responsible for your own safety and the safety of those working with you – you must learn and adhere to safety procedures and practices.
4. Timecards are maintained electronically – you are responsible for clocking in and out of jobs using the company’s proprietary software by use of a smartphone, tablet or similar device.
5. Keep the job site neat and clean: (a) broom clean and neat on a daily basis if a multiple day job, (b) vacuum clean work areas at the completion of the job.
6. Arrive at the job site at the hours given by the Pest Division Foreman, generally working hours are 8:00am – 5:00pm, Monday through Friday.
7. Create a working environment that brings the best out in other employees and that uses time efficiently.
8. Protect the job site and the client’s property from theft damage, or weather-related loss.
9. Remove large quantities of debris on a daily basis, or as needed.
10. Assess materials needed for the job and go purchase them from one of our suppliers prior to the job beginning.
11. Store materials in a way that reduced the possibility of damage after they are delivered to the site.
The Dry Rot Technician will report to the Pest Division Foremen, as well as to the CEO and COO of the company.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
1. Basic knowledge of residential construction trades, practices, procedures, techniques, tools and equipment, materials, specifications, quality control, and safety.
2. Ability to understand steps and directions, and ask questions when uncertain
3. Basic math skills, measuring skills, and analytical skills necessary to do material estimates and preform carpentry task.
4. Ability to assess pest damage and make recommendations beyond scope of work.
5. Driving to and from the job site is required; must have a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle that is properly licensed and insured.
A base hourly pay will be established for each Dry Rot Technician as of the date of hire, dependent on individual experience and qualifications. Hours will be totaled and paid on a weekly basis.